Dear Tiny People:
This is what you need to know. This is what my 33 years of knowledge boils down to. If you know more, good, but start here:
- Try Your Hardest – You don’t have to be the best. But you always have to give your best effort. It is better to try and fail, than to never give it a go.
- Bodies are Beautiful – All bodies, in all forms. Recognize the beauty in differences. Appreciate bodies both for their aesthetics and for their function as a home for your soul. Take care of yours, but don’t be a slave to it.
- Be Gentle – With both your actions and your words, be kind. Be kind to yourself. Be kind to others. Be kind to your planet.
- Don’t Be Afraid of Attention, But Don’t Allow Another’s Attention to Define You – You have thoughts and ideas. Don’t ever be afraid to share them, but don’t be afraid to be unpopular either. Don’t chase fame, it’s meaningless.
- Be Brave – whether this means standing up for what you believe in, trying something new, or admitting you were wrong. Don’t be afraid.
- You are Loved – more than you’ll be able to understand, until you’re a parent, that is.